The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched an all time high yesterday giving investors reason to reevaluate what is in the cards for the near term?
- When are the centrals banks of the world really going to hike interest rates? It looks like it will be a lot sooner than even the central banks think.
- How many rate hikes will there be? Most likely, six, three in 2022 and three in 2023.
- “Supply Chain disruptions”, how long will this last? Some analysts believe it will late 2022 others believe by early 2022, the odds are late 2022.
- Tax hikes? Yes, they are coming, just how much is the question.
- Can businesses still survive with all these coming variables? We shall have to wait and see.
The Canadian dollar is a it weaker to the USD, as markets believe that the Fed will hike sooner than later, then expect the CAD to have had its run against the USD.
Narrow range today, weaker CAD.